Hello beautiful humans!
We're excited to announce that we will be undertaking a new project!
In an effort to create more accessible resources for people struggling with their mental health, Courage Box has begun production of a mental health zine.
From Merriam Webster:
ZINE: magazine; a noncommercial often homemade or online publication usually devoted to specialized and often unconventional subject matter.
This zine will feature a variety of helpful and entertaining articles, poems, and drawings. Submissions will be welcome, and feedback is always appreciated!
Our zine will focus on:
- Education and self-help suggestions for particular mental health disorders, like Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, eating disorders, and others.
- Information for friends, family members, and partners of people living with mental illness.
- Fighting stigma and discrimination.
- The intersections between mental health and race, sexuality, ability, and class.
Help us out by answering in the comments:
1. What are some themes you would like to see us cover?
2. Would you be interested in buying a hard copy of our zine, or would you prefer to just read it online? How often would you like to see a new issue?
3. What do you think we should we call our zine?
Thanks for your help and feedback - we can't wait to share this project with you!